Monday, October 12, 2009

Bumps in the Night

Had a great birthday celebration yesterday. Just a small family affair, consisting of pizza at pizza hut, a pizza cake, and the movie G-force at the dollar theater.

Seth had a blast.

It was great celebrating his day!

In the process of the fun, lots of junk was consumed.

Faith can't eat junk. She has had an acid reflux problem since she was born. We pretty much have it under control, but if lots of bad stuff is consumed, an attack is certain.

So we weren't terribly surprised at 1:30 (that is the time it happens every time) when she woke up moaning.

And when I say "wake up" I say it loosely. She never actually wakes up and rarely remembers the experience in the morning.

She will probably never forget last nights, though.

So Mike got up with her like usual, I don't get up well at night, once I am up I am up, so it's best if I stay put and try to ignore it.

Mike seemed to get her worked out and I heard him leave. Heard the bathroom door close. Heard the bathroom door open.

Heard, thump, thump, thump, thud!

We both shot out into the hall to see her lying at the bottom of the stairs!

We ran to the bottom and she was able to stand. I walked her back up to the top, and she acted like she was going to faint!! I freaked out a bit, but realized she was still asleep!

We took her back in the bathroom, flipped on the lights on and put cold washcloths all over her till she woke up and could talk to us.

She seemed to be okay after that, said she only hit her head at the bottom.

She is super sore this morning.

Really, I blame the design of this crazy house. I have feared, for the last 4 years, that someone would fall down the stairs in the middle of the night. I always thought it would be Seth, my other non-waker. The stairs are placed right next to the bathroom, and there is very little hallway, great way to conserve living space, horrible for sleep walkers.

I would like to say thank goodness this house is a tri-level, therefore she only fell down eight steps and not an entire flight of steps.

Good thing we took the day off today. We shall all rest a bit.

Kristen

No comments: