Thursday, March 17, 2011

James 3:18

Now for a break from allowance charts.  I will return tomorrow, but this afternoon, Kylee said the coolest thing. 

I was cleaning my bathroom when Kylee came in.  She said,"Mom, you know yesterday when I was angry and I had to go to my room to calm down?"

I said yes.

She said,"Well, while I was in there I thought I should look up some scriptures that talk about anger, so I did.  I found James 3:18.  And do you know what it says?"

I said no.

She said," It says 'Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness' so I was just thinking, that every time I get upset and feel angry I will just say that over and over.  I did it today and it has really helped me!"

Wise beyond her years.

Kristen

2 comments:

anita said...

What a wonderful reflection of the seeds you and Mike have been investing in her life all of these years- to turn to the Bible for life lessons. Blessings to you all! Thank you for your example. :)

granny said...

She is an amazing young woman!!