Thursday, April 28, 2011

Water Fast

Well, we made it through Easter.

I don't mean for that to sound terrible.  Really I don't.

But for ministry families, holidays can be a tough time.  Especially when you are in a new area, and haven't really established yourself fully yet.

But I didn't start this post to complain, so I'll stop!

I do have some great news.

The week of Easter our church decided to do a water fast.  They asked those who wanted to participate, to abstain from all beverages other than water for one week, and give the money they saved to help dig water wells in Uganda.

So, Mike and I decided that we would participate, and asked our kids if they would want to also.

They said "YES!"

We explained to them, that it meant, only water.  While I know other families made exceptions for their kids and allowed them to have milk, Mike and I asked them to abstain from all drinks except water. 

That meant not even milk on cereal!

They all agreed.

They did great!  I am so proud of them!  They really thought a lot about why they were giving up these other beverages and were so excited to give the money we saved to those who need it much more than we do!

Really, it is such a small sacrifice on our part, to give something life saving to someone else.   

I can't wait to find out how much money we raised as a church for clean water!

Kristen

No comments: