Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rocky Peak Trail

So we decided yesterday that we should do something we have been wanting to do since we moved here-go hiking!

We are surrounded by the gorgeous Santa Monica mountain range, but had not gotten out on the trails yet, until yesterday!

It was a beautiful day, clear blue skies, 75 degrees, and a day off!  Off to the trail we went!

We parked and walked up to the Rocky Peak Trail, and what is the first thing we saw? 

A snake.

Yeah, a snake, just all coiled up in the middle of the trail.

I took a ton of pictures of him, but didn't realize till later, that my camera was set on manual, and I hadn't adjusted it for outside :( 

Anyways, he wasn't a rattler, Mike said he was a king snake, and he appeared to be not feeling so hot. Another guy on the trail got a huge branch and moved him into the brush.

Once I figured out my camera issue, Mike and I did get some great pictures of the kids and the view.


















 Love this picture, they look like little ducks :)







Brothers enjoying the view.  







They chose this pose!!




Notice they are up high, I'm not :)






Two beautiful girls










My silly boy.





Beautiful!!  Can't wait to take some winter pictures when everything is GREEN!!!




Exploring a little cave.






I think this is where I decided I really like hiking- on level ground, that is paved, when I'm wearing flip flops :)

No comments: