Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Photo Essay

So, when I got up Thanksgiving morning, I decided I was going to document our day in photos the best I could. I tend to start out with good intentions, bring the camera but then never take it out of it's case. This became very evident when Todd passed away and all of the holidays and vacations our families spent together were left just to our memories, because we forgot to take pictures! Pick up the camera people and take pictures of today!!!!! I did a little better this year. So here it goes. Enjoy!!


Faith and her dog intently watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.







Kylee and Seth intently watching the parade.










Josh, intently watching the parade.









Daddy, still in bed. Yeah, I am probably going to be in trouble for this :)





Monkey Bread!!!!!!








Jasmine, waiting for daddy to get up.












Mike making eggs to go with our monkey bread. I tried to get him to take a serious picture, but not so much.







Kylee and I making cranberry relish, with the Magic Bullet. And when you use the Magic Bullet you must always do the info-mercial that goes along with it.






Got to the Mitchell's house and was greeted by a huge hairy spider!! I think I have grandma Jo to thank for that :)








Paula busy at the sink in preparation for our big meal.










Seth and Jackson playing some Playstation before dinner.







Jackson and Seth deep in conversation during our feast!







Our family eating. Man we missed Todd. I think we all made a choice to focus on what we were grateful, thankful for this day, but there was definitely a big Todd sized void.





Joshi chowing down!







Josh and Sam clinking cups of apple cider.






Faith and I posing for a picture.








Mike and I posing for a picture.








Kylee posing for a picture during dinner. How did I miss the hat at dinner???












Mike, our wine steward.









Then after dinner was over Mike took my kids home and P.'s mom took her kids home and we got to work on the ads. As you can see it is very hard work.



Paula, also busy at work.









We wanted a picture together but we were alone so here is our attempt.




And here I am after a couple hours of sleep at, 3:30 in the morning, ready to depart with our ads!

That is it, I wasn't about to leave my camera in the car while we shopped, but there is a camera phone picture out there somewhere of me in a Shiatsu chair enjoying a free message at one of the stores :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - all I can say is - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you. I so appreciate you! I am in awe that you and Paula brave the early am shoppers - you rock!
Love,
kristen

Jennifer said...

3:3o am....you're absolutely nuts

Kathryn Egly said...

You've got to let me know if it was worth it going out that early?

I thought about going out, but Ted had to leave for work at like 5am and George wouldn't have appreciated being drug around town in the middle of the night! Maybe next year?

kristen said...

Okay Kathryn!! You totally have to go with us next year!! It is so fun! You just have to go with the idea that if you find a good deal than WOO HOO, but if not than no big deal-it is a great time. The people who freak out and trample each other that i worry about!! But most people out at that time are just having lots of fun being together and hanging out. So next year you must come with us!!