Monday, November 24, 2008

Week Off

I'm back.

It's been kind of quiet around here this last week. Mostly because Mike took Wednesday-Sunday off this last week!

It was an unexpected surprise, and we all enjoyed it very much!

What did we do with our time off? Nothing!

It was awesome. Most days we were all in our pajamas until late and only got in clothing to go out and do something fun.

The kids still had school. I had not planned for them to have a break last week, but this week, and I wasn't about to give up my week-off-for-Thanksgiving.

But it was good, dad got to teach a bit, we got our two book dates that we owed completed, Mike and I went on a date, we all played a TON of Shang hi and we even got to go to the Orchard together as a family Saturday night! How fun was that?!

Last night Mike left for the Orchard-year-planning-overnight- trip. Today the kids and I will do the thanksgiving shopping for Mitchell/Jones Thanksgiving feast and take all the stuff to Paula's in preparation for our great day together.

Still waiting on snow. Real snow. We have had cold and flurries, but we need real snow. The kids are going crazy and unless there is snow on the ground there isn't much playing outside when it is this cold.

So, Please let it snow!!!

Kristen

2 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

We're waiting for snow too.

and waiting...

and waiting...

oops, the AC just kicked on. Guess it will be a while.

:)

Mandy Corley said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jones Family!!

I was catching up on some of your posts and have to say the breadbowls and soup looked AMAZING! !

AND... I LOVED the old pic of Mike! I DO remember those days! I will not say anything bad about his hair because I was rockin' the perm and the "nest" bangs!:) Aqua Net RULED, baby!

It has been so awesome to reconnect with y'all! We hope you have a great day!!:)