Sunday, December 30, 2007

13 Years

Tomorrow will be Mike and my 13 year wedding anniversary.

13 years for us =

4 children
6 dogs
lots of fish
1 guinea pig
1 ferret
3 rabbits
58 birthday cakes
9 vehicles
6 houses
in 6 towns
in 3 states
1 job lay-off
1 college graduation
1 eye surgery (me)
1 vasectomy (not me) :)
5 church homes
3 ministry positions
tons of laughs
a few tears
thousands of movies
lots of games
lots of cards
many great friends
2 cruises
2 ski trips
a few family road trips
a home school mom
many, many kids sports games
lots of quiet dates alone
some precious gifts
and sweet love letters

Wow, I started this list then realized there is so much to our 13 years together! Too much to list. He is my heart and my best friend. He can make me laugh like no one else and I feel so blessed that God put him in my life. We aren't perfect and have definitely had our rough moments but all those times have just strengthened our lives together. When I look at his gorgeous face it just makes me smile and can't believe that He gave him to me!

I can't wait to see what the next 13 years will bring us!

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed to have found each other so young and then get to grow together! It seems like yesterday we took Myk to the park after he had his eyes done. Remember that? Then we moved to go to NAU and he couldn't bear to be away from you so he moved to Flagstaff too. Then came the engagement, the wedding (complete with a song written and performed by Myk), the beautiful babies, and all that life has brought you. You have so much to be grateful for! Happy Anniversary!
Love ya,
A.J.

JonesGardenBlog said...

Ah, it seems like just yesterday I was filling your car with trash and wrapping paper from your wedding presents. I can still hear you thanking me for being so helpful. Classic. I REALLY loved it when you guys took off in the car and the trash was flying all over the place. Classic. I think it still had bird seed in the back seat when it finally died.

Good times.

Anonymous said...

A precious son and a precious daughter (in law), I thank God for you in my son's life everyday. God bless you both with lots more years. You can still be in love after 3 sons, 3 daughters in law, 8 grandchildren (and hoping for more!) too many moves, houses, birds, dogs, horses and 1 cat, ministry positions, several churches and one, all powerful God who is in control of it all!!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done.