Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Kitchen Boy

I just finished The Kitchen Boy A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander. I loved this book!! There is quite a bit of fiction to the story, but lots of cool history as well. I am sure the fact that I know very little about Russian history helped me to enjoy this book.

It presents an imaginative twist on what really happened to the two missing Romanovs' children's remains. Really a well written book, with great character development and an interesting plot.

It was funny coming back into a historical fiction novel after so many weeks of reading Harry Potter. I had to change my whole mind set.

I just picked up a novel about Annette Vallon, William Wordsworth's mistress, set during the French Revolution, today and I am hoping it is as good as the Kitchen Boy!!

Kristen

No comments: