Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to the Work!!

I just read a post by my friend Joni about kids going back to school after break. It's funny because at Wahabu yesterday the lead teacher asked if anyone was excited about going back to school and my hand shot up. I heard some chuckles behind me and thought they must think I am excited they are leaving the house, but Joni hit it right on the head for me. Even though my kids will not be leaving the house for school I am totally ready for us to get back to our routine. The kids need the routine, and I need the routine. After two weeks of too much candy, cookies, Christmas specials, and SpongeBob, I think we are all ready for a little normalcy.

This week we are looking at the Ancient Greeks. We will be trying to make a Greek yo-yo, a fresco master piece, and of course a Trojan horse. I am excited about the literature these next two weeks because I think they are really going to enjoy it. Kylee starts her fifth grade math book this week which is huge for her and very exciting!!!

So we start school year 2008!!!

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun-can I go back to school?!