Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kylee and Venom?

Seriously, I had no idea.

Who knew that when we let the kids watch the American Gladiators it would effect them so strongly.

I have to admit the first time I ever saw the old American Gladiators was a couple of months ago when Mike and I were on a date. We were eating an embarrassing amount of wings at Buffalo Wild Wings and there on the big screen they were showing retro shows of American Gladiators. I laughed so hard and Mike told me that he used to watch that show when he was a kid. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So, when I saw that they were reviving it and it was going to be back on t.v. I knew the kids would enjoy it.

But who knew how much they would enjoy it. Kylee told me the other night while it was on that when she grows up she wants to BE a gladiator on the show. Okay, to be honest I can totally see this. But then she went on to say that when her and Seth play American Gladiators she is Venom and Seth is Justice. Seth chose Justice because they both have mohawks.

Makes sense.

But wait a second, when they play American Gladiators??!!! I didn't even know this was going on!! I don't think I want to know how they are playing American Gladiators, but I am sure that little Joshi is involved somehow.

Poor Joshi.

Kristen

3 comments:

Bill Curley said...

Since you are now discussing Southern Europe & the older civilizations, it seems appropriate that you introduce the original gladiators and their life experiences. Also, talk about the Marathon (sp?) tradition & how it began. Then Troy etc.

Anonymous said...

You mean you didn't notice the giant air cannon shooting nerf missiles all over the basement while Joshi tries to dodge behind furniture? I'm surprised. Can JD come? We'll sign a waiver.

Anonymous said...

Just be glad it is American Gladiators they are into and not G.L.O.W. Remember how much fun Mr. Adler had with that one???
-A.J. :0)