Monday, August 6, 2007

Barbecue and Baptism

Yesterday was an incredible day. It has taken me until almost two o'clock Monday to be able to start assembling my thoughts into words. I still don't think I am quite there yet. I have never experienced anything quite like what happened at the Barbecue and Baptism yesterday.

Church was awesome yesterday morning the band was hot and the teaching was excellent. Then we grabbed something to eat and headed back for the barbecue and baptism. There were jumpy things and such for the kids to play on and I got to talk to so many people. Lots of great conversations and even met a couple home school moms new to The Orchard!

Then the food, which was out of this world. It was catered, no scary pot luck meals, and so delicious. My boys licked their plates! After about 10 minutes of eating there was a pretty serious cloud burst which had my husband scrambling, for the speakers set up outside, but everything made it out okay.

After some serious prayer about the weather the clouds moved out and the sun came through and we headed next door to the water park. It shut down for the evening and Orchard took over. Mike and I got to help to baptize some of the over 100 people who took the plunge yesterday. It was incredible. I don't have any other words to describe the look on these people faces as they came up out of the water. Awesome. I feel truly blessed and honored that I was allowed the privilege to take part in this day.

The joy, the tears, the life-change, incredible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! That's awesome stuff!

Anonymous said...

Wow-how awesome! That would be well worth driving from Ky to be part of!!