Thursday, August 9, 2007

Monkey Bread

Hey this is life changing!! Okay maybe not life changing, but it is really good.

I have been looking for a real monkey bread recipe. Not the refrigerator biscuit monkey bread, that is really only easier if you have refrigerator biscuits, but real monkey bread.

I found this recipe and it rocked my world. It is so yum!!!! Also it means I will never make cinnamon rolls again! Sorry Dad. But really this is better than my cinnamon rolls and so much easier!!! I do not have a bread machine so I used my kitchen aid and it worked out great. I let the machine do the work and then covered it and let it set for about an hour. Then followed the rest of the directions.

The only changes I made were: I added a teaspoon of vanilla in the dough, I didn't read the ingredients well and only used 1/2 cup of butter when mixing it with the brown sugar (I do not think it hurt it, but i will try it with the whole amount next time), and I rolled the balls in cinnamon/sugar after the brown sugar/butter step. It was really good. Okay, maybe not something you make everyday for the sake of you figure but for company or a special treat, why not?!

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty good, but I'm confused...

So what do you do with the monkey?

Bill Curley said...

MONKEY Bread?? I am afraid to even view the recipe. NO cinnamon rolls?? That statement is not very respectful of tradition. Oh well, the new generation must change, I guess. But, seriously, no cinnamon rolls??