Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Belly Button Wax

Joshi got some money for his birthday. He spent some and then had over 20 dollars left that he hadn't been able to make a decision on. Until the other day. He saw some nasty kit that you make gross things but then they are edible so after you make the florescent green brain you get to eat it. I don't understand this. And until today I thought maybe it was a boy thing. Now I know it is a boy thing.

Here is how it went down.

Mike and the boys and I were in the car.

Josh- "Can we go to Walmart so I can buy the gross make it and eat it kit?"

Me- "Honey I know it looks cool but I am sure it isn't as cool as it looks and wouldn't it be nice to use the rest of that money to buy some....say nice winter boots instead?"

Mike- " Son your mom is right. Let me tell you when I was a boy I had this wax melting kit. You would put these wax pieces in and it melted them into a mold. You could make these little race cars that really worked. And that was cool until the wax was all gone, then......"

Joshi- " Couldn't you just use some ear wax or belly button wax and put it in there?"

Me- "Oh my!"

Mike- "Belly button wax? No you couldn't use that, but any ways we finally tried to use other things like crayons and stuff but it never worked the same, Once we used chocolate that really didn't work. So we put it away and after a while we got it back out again and tried it out with some other stuff....man it was pretty cool I wish I still had it."

Seth- " I wish you still had it too, it sounds cool!"

Me- thinking, what just happened here? We started out alright but something has gone terribly wrong!

Josh- "Sooooo...can we go get the gross make it and eat it kit?"

(this is where I took over)

Me- " Honey we are going to use the rest of the money for some cool winter boots, okay?"

Josh- "Okay."

Done.

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that toy, it was cool. You could crash up the cars and break them, melt them whatever, and put the pieces back into the machine and make a new one. Cool stuff.

Belly-button wax, eh?

I don't think I've ever had that condition... thankfully.

Anonymous said...

One day when my son was little he was making a HUGE mess with his cars, and my hubby came along and joined Jake. Watching my two boys play, I realized there is a lot more to this boy thing then the naked eye can see!

My son has also come up with the most wierd questions, not belly-button wax, but very similar.

I think someday you and I could write a great book together on the differences between boys and girls.

Anonymous said...

Belly button wax? that is a new one on me. I also remember that toy-what a mess!! Especially when they started using crayons and stuff-YUCK! Good work MOM!!

Anonymous said...

Boots shmoots. No one ever reminisces about their cool winter boots when they were a kid. Get the gross melt it and eat it kit!!!!!

Then you and the girls go out somewhere while the boys are bonding. Literally.