Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Family Fun

Mike's mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law were here for the weekend. It was a great weekend. Lots of food, fun, laughs, and (of coarse) cards.

Now before the weekend came upon us I had Mike agree that the scores for these upcoming games would not be added to his little score sheet, since the girls have taken a bit of a hit recently. I didn't know what would come of this weekend's games. I knew that Stacey had never played Canasta and Charlie, well he is a Jones so he has it in his blood whether he's played it or not.

I wish I had known then what I knew now. Not only did the women win, they won every single game. Stacey was a natural. It was a beautiful thing. So even if Mike won't add them to the scores I would just like it to be known that this weekend's box score was Girls 3 boys 0.

I think our luck maybe on the turn around.

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not what I heard! I heard it was girls cheated 10 times, guys played fair the whole time.

Of course that's always the way it is when the girls win, because that's the ONLY way they can win.

I'm just glad we weren't there, because unfortunately my HUGE card playing abilities would have been more than offset by my OWN wife's aptitude for cheating.

"you have the queen right?"

Anonymous said...

You know Keith, I think you may have something there. I never saw anyone shuffle cards more than the girls...maybe they were stacking the deck! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Anonymous said...

ok-both of you just get over it-be a man, Esse! Just admit-the ladies won fair and square!! And, boy did it feel GOOD.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my mom wrote, "be a man, Esse!"

No more Encino Man for you!

Besides, what you are saying is that the guys went out of their way to make the ladies feel a little bit better about themselves. And they did it all while playing cards. Man, that's something else.