Friday, September 28, 2007

Mike's coming home!!

Mike will be home tonight! He has been away for the last couple of days at the Innovate 07 conference at Granger Church in Indiana. It is a great time of refreshment excitement and I am so glad he had the opportunity to go.

With that said I miss him so much!! He left Wednesday morning for work and we haven't seen him since. It is so hard for lots of reasons.

First, I love him so much and he is my best friend. I will never be and have never been one of those women I hear who "just need a break" from their husbands. He is my best friend and I never need a break from him. I love talking to him and spending time with him and just hanging out. He is such a fun guy to be with!

Second, the kids miss him so much! He is such a great helper to me that when he is gone we all feel it. We eat together every night we can as a family and the kids miss him being at the table. That is when we talk about our day and hang out. I hope the kids never lose their love of the family meal. Also, he is the bedtime guy. He does a great job of it. I am horrible at it. Usually by 8 I am done for. I have no desire to be kind or friendly to anyone under the age of 21. But that is when Mike steps in and gets everyone moving and into their designated sleeping spots. Prays with them and does all the final last comments that must be made before bedtime. I sit back and listen and enjoy but don't have to partake. It works for us.

And third, Mike works second shift around here. Without him here there is no resting. I have to do night patrol, lock the house and listen for danger and children all night long. I don't like to do that!!

I do have to admit that I cheated on Wed. and took the kids to my great friend Paula's house. her hubby was out of town as well so we had a giant slumber party. Paula and I stayed up late and watched movies and talked and then I slept like a baby because I had someone else to listen. Thanks Paula!! Then we let the kids play all day (they had school off for some crazy reason and so we took the day also) went to the park and to Ci Ci's pizza for all you can eat pizza so we didn't have to do dinner last night.

But even though I wasn't alone the whole time I still miss my guy so much!! Get everything you can from that conference then come home to me sweetie!!

Kristen

1 comment:

Mike Jones said...

I missed you terribly! Can't wait to see you and the kids. I appreciate the opportunity to get to go and see all the things I could see, but I'm very ready to come home.

I love you very much!!! You are the best!