Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cookie Dough Maps

The kids have worked really hard this week. This new curriculum we are using is challenging, I really like it and so do they. The curriculum suggested maybe taking it slow and doing your math and spelling and adding an element from the curriculum in every week. But that really isn't my style. I kind of jump in with both feet. Also we have been doing unit studies for a while so I thought I could handle it.

So far things have gone well. Yesterday was our hardest day I don't really know what happened but it was a long day and kind of a struggle. But we got through it.

This study is very map intensive which I am glad about. Not my strong point so I feel like I am learning a ton as well. The kids have not done a lot of map stuff so some of the review stuff is new to them but that is okay. They are smart and are catching on quickly. Seth really enjoys the map work.

One of the suggestions was to do a salt map of a made up region that had as many geographic features as you could fit on it. Since we just did a salt map of the US not that long ago we went with the no bake cookie dough recipe. They had fun and we got to review some of these terms. They turned out cute and they can't wait till after dinner to enjoy!!


Here are pictures





































Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we never had school like that when I was a kid-great!!