Monday, February 25, 2008

I Feel Great!

Okay, so Mike and I had a little walking thing going last summer and it went pretty well. We were pretty committed. But then our lovely Illinois weather took a turn for it's usual and the bottom dropped out of my exercise plan.

Been talking all winter about going down to our clubhouse, right down the street from our house, which we pay for because it is part of our home owners dues, and working out in the morning. But I haven't been too motivated.

Until now. After the entire winter of being pretty much sedentary I feel like a mother bear that has been in hibernation. No, I am not over weight. I just feel soft, like I have a protective layer insulating me from the cold. And it needs to go. Now.

Any ways Mike and I got up this morning and went to the clubhouse and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes, which, I think, is a great start.

I am glad we are being healthy and I am glad that I am going to get rid of my insulation.

Kristen

1 comment:

Kathryn Egly said...

Good for you!!!

I've just started working out now after having George. It's tough getting back into it, but I feel so much better! And it's nice to have a mommy break for a little while. (Our gym has a great child care included with membership)