Friday, February 22, 2008

Take a Swig

Yes, that is exactly what it looks like.

I bought this Greek salad dressing a while back to make a recipe with it. Kylee tried it on her salad that first night and became a slight bit, shall we say, obsessed with it. Every night at dinner, no matter what the vegetable, it seems out comes the greek dressing.

So last night I was joking and said something like,"You know, Kylee comes down to the fridge at night and just takes a little swig of that stuff before she goes to bed."

Then it happened. The gleam in her eye. As if to say,"Is this an option?"

And being the good mom that I am I encouraged her to take a drink. And she did. Luckily, Mike had his trusty phone next to him otherwise this picture would never had been taken.

I just have to say she doesn't get this from me. But her Papa Jones has been known to pick up a straw and drink ranch through it.

(Don't worry it is still safe to eat salad dressing at my house, she didn't put her mouth on the bottle!)

Kristen

8 comments:

Mike Jones said...

Yes, I have seen my dad DRINK ranch dressing.

No, we don't let Kylee or any of our kids do this on a regular basis.

Yes, I have seen YOUR dad eat enough miracle whip to choke a horse. Would he drink it if he could? I leave that for him to answer but my guess would be yes.

Bill Curley said...

I only use Miracle Whip or Mayonaise in moderation! And only in appropriate combinations that, to me, seems quite normal. A sandwitch made with peanut butter and jelly would not be complete without Mayonaise; nor would American Fries (used to be French fries) be very tasty without the Mayo... And never drink anything through a straw..

Anonymous said...

In dad's defense... if the waitress at Native New Yorker (which has been BANNED for bad service) would have actually refilled our ice teas, this whole ranch incident MAY not have happened.

Although, ranch is really not very thirst quenching.

Mike Jones said...

Not knocking dad, but his love for ranch did not end there... I seem to remember a wedding reception of one B. Cummins where dad (perhaps not using a straw) also enjoyed this tasty condiment as a beverage.

Anonymous said...

I think your Dad better get on here and defend himself. Yes, he does have some strange likes-especially home made ranch dressing-but I have also seen MSJ drink milk out of a cadbury egg after he got the middle out of it!! :) BTW, what is it with Navy men and peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches with mayo?? My dad loved them-especially dunked in his coffee! I also am a mayo freak-my kids go-YUCK, Mom, when I eat it out of the jar (lick the spoon)

kristen said...

HMMM, I have a picture of Mike drinking milk out of a cadbury egg. I will have to look for that :)

JonesGardenBlog said...

I can understand the Cadburry egg thing. It's chocolate, it's milk... what's not to love.

The mayo thing... no.

The ranch dressing thing... okay, I love wings (especially really hot ones) swimming in ranch. I love it on salad and I even like dipping my pizza in it... but I draw the line when it becomes a beverage. No go.

Speaking of this though, I remember hearing of an ocassion that involved waffles, peanut butter and ranch.

Now that's sick.

Mike Jones said...

Actually it wasn't waffles... it was pancakes and when you're dating someone you'll risk a lot.

Not to mention that it wasn't as bad as it sounds.