Friday, February 1, 2008

Hittite Recipes

Last night Faith made hummus, lentils and pita bread. She has been studying and reading about the Hittites this week and those were all foods that had ingredients that came from that area. We also made some greek chicken from a recipe I was sent, and even though it was cooked on the inside grill it was still yummy!!

Let me tell you the hummus and chicken stuffed inside the pita with some fresh cut avadcado was so good!!

here are the recipes:

Hummus-

1 can garbanzo beans

1 fresh lemon juiced

2 cloves garlic

2 1/2 Tbs Sesame Tahini

1/4 tsp cumin

dash or salt and pepper

Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth; adding water and or olive oil to achieve desired consistency.

You can find the pita bread recipe here. I gave Faith the recipe and told her to start it while I was vaccuuming. All of a sudden she came runnning into the room and she was visibly upset. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she ahd really messed up the bread!! So I said i was sure we could fix it and good job catching it. So I followed her into the kitchen and she explained that she had read 1 1/2 CUPS of sugar instead of teaspoons. Okay, this was a dump and restart but at least she caught it before she baked it!!!! She did great the second time around and they turned out so good. Really easy to make.

You can find the Greek chicken recipe here.

Thanks Alicia!!

Kristen

2 comments:

Bill Curley said...

Please be careful about the foods that Faith makes. The Hittites are long gone and the real cause for their demise is secret. Maybe their diet was partially to blame. Especially if one of the ingredients is required to be bought in a bikini!

Anonymous said...

Sesame tahini!! Two words, man! Trader Joes! And no, Bill, I think it is made in a bikini. Well, maybe not. Sounds like great food. Please send Faith to my house, as I have been sick and have no one to cook for me. :( Not that I couldn't stand to skip a few meals!