Friday, June 20, 2008

A Week Off

What a vacation week so far!

The kid left on Tuesday for AZ. Half are being spoiled at my mom and dad's house and half are being spoiled at their Aunt B and Uncle Keith's house. And I mean spoiled! When I talk to them they are having so much fun they could care less about what we are doing!

And I am glad.

Mike decided last minute before the kids left that he would be able to take a week off of work while the kids were gone! Woo Hoo!! He really needed a break even if he didn't know it! I know it's hard to take a break from something you love but you still have to renew!

So we have been just hanging out together, having so much fun, and taking little afternoon, night trips and adventures with friends. Very fun.

Tuesday (the day kids left) we just hung out then decided since it was dollar movie Tuesday we would go and see two dollar movies. I made it through the first one but as we were eating dinner I realized I couldn't do the second.... needed to sleep. So I pooped out and we went home.

Wednesday we went mini-golfing with friends. And yes the rumor is true I did hit three cars with one ball. I am much more powerful than I look. After go-carts, which Mike and Terri lapped me on the track, we then had a great dinner and some fun card games. I will skip talking about the scores here. It really is unnecessary.

Then last night we met some other friends for dinner and a comedy act at the Roundhouse. Unfortunately it was not what we expected. But it was almost free so that made up for it. It was great just being with fun people. We decided to hit Denny's after that which was hilarious. Haven't been to Denny's since I was in college. Got home after one a.m. which is really late for me.

So there is a recap of the week's events so far. Miss the kids a ton but am really enjoying my one on one time with my guy. And I love the fact that my kids are making one of a kind memories with their awesome relatives!

And yes, B and Keith, when your boys are 12, 9, 7, and 5 I will take them for a week as well.

Two at a time :)

Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is important to talk about the card game scores.

JonesGardenBlog said...

Scores are definitely important!

We are having a ball with the kids too. We took them to Amazing Jakes last night and had a great time. I am proud to say that I made it higher on the rock wall than any of the kids :) and I absolutely WAILED on them in laser tag. We all finally crawled into bed at about 10 last night.

Fortunately it didn't wear them out too much because two of yours and one of mine were back up at 6:30 this morning.

Going to be a great day.

Bill Curley said...

Gee whiz, I want to go with keith. He is making it rather difficult for me to be compared with for fun & entertainment. My only one advantage appears to be really moderate weather & Sara's ability to entertain everyone. In our own way, we are having a blast...