Thursday, May 3, 2007

Books, Bagels, Battle Star Galactica

Okay, books and bagels but the battle star galactica was for those Office fans out there.

We are just about finished with the frontiersman and trappers and will be moving on to Native Americans. There is soooo much material that we will spend at least two weeks on the unit. Maybe more. I will see once we get started.

We made a trip to the library, like we always do when we are starting a new unit, and left with close to 50 books. Basically, I had to get four different level books on each thing I want them to study. So Seth got some easy juvenile biography, Josh got a ton of books on Native American tales, Kylee got bios as well as the Kaya series, and Faith got some bios from the young adult and teen section as well as a couple of bio-novels. It took quite a while but I did all my research before I left the house so it was just a matter of finding the books. Other than Josh bringing me 10 Spanish picture books that he had pulled off the shelf and wanted to check out it was a fairly uneventful trip.

Then we came home and I decided that I wanted to make bagels to go with our breakfast dinner. When Mike has a late night we often make breakfast, it is easy and the kids like it and I don't have to be too creative. I found this recipe and tried it out. So easy and they were wonderful!!! I have been a little apprehensive to try making bagels because I had a bad bagel making experience. But this was so easy and very, very, delicious. I followed the recipe all but I made it in my kitchen aid and I did add a little extra water because it seemed dry when it started mixing. I didn't have any cornmeal so I skipped that and they turned out great.

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW- busy day!! The bagels sound wonderful, I think I will try them. Your kiddos love going to the library, don't they. Their daddy and uncles used to love going to the library too! Maybe Joshua will be bilingual, like his Uncle Keith!!