Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thanks Paula!!

Let me tell you about Paula. She is one of the most incredible people I know. She is an awesome mother of three gorgeous boys, two of which are twins. She is very smart and creative (don't you have to be with three boys?). She is also kind, generous, loving, fun, caring, the list goes on. She is just the kind of person that when you meet her you just want to hug her and spend more time with her.

I met Paula about three years ago. She was the first person to reach out to me when I moved here. I know that God knew that I needed someone here to talk to and to be my friend. I had just left a huge support network of friends in North Carolina and I was really feeling pretty alone. She called me because Mike was at a conference in Texas and she wanted to bring me dinner. It was awesome and let me tell you that little gesture began an awesome relationship.

There are days that I don't know what I would do if I didn't have her support and love. She doesn't always tell me what I want to hear but she does tell me what i need to hear, and that is why I go to her. It is called wise council and if you don't have someone who can provide it for you, get someone!!

She is always finding ways to bless me and my family. Like this past weekend she took me to lunch and a day of beauty. I got a facial and manicure and we had a blast. I would never have done it for myself. She knows this and is really good at making it happen.

I love her kind heart. I thank God for her everyday.

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,

You are too, too kind! Ok, we both know that everyday I am learning something new from YOU! I am blessed by your friendship, your example, your kindness, your sense of humor & FUN, as well as your wisdom-packed council. Also your Faith, your K-Hope, and your Seth & Joshua-LOVE!! :) haha! Props to your Mikey too!
I thank God for YOU and so grateful that He allowed our paths to cross--the way He intended--who knew a little chili-nacho supper would bring us together? (just kidding!) Seriously, thank you for the sweet post.

Much love,

Paula

Anonymous said...

Precious friends!! Just think, you'll get to be with her FOREVER!!Praise God!