Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Mike and I started a tradition with the kids last year. Since we are away from family we make a little thanksgiving dinner than go to a first run movie. That is a big deal for our kids because we usually wait till they are at the dollar theater.

This year we had the added pleasure of having our Thanksgiving meal with our great friends the Mitchells. Mike and I took the kids to Enchanted and then went to the Mitchell's and Paula and I whipped up an incredible dinner, followed by Paula and my annual tradition of preparing for our Friday shopping. This is our third year together getting up and conquering the crowds on the biggest shopping day of the year.

We schemed and planned and then parted agreeing to meet the next morning at 3:45 a.m. to go to Kohls. We usually hit Walmart first but Kohls was opening an hour earlier so we thought we would give them a try.

So after not even an hour of sleep I got up and Paula picked me up for our shopping fun.

It was a blast! We got some great deals but more than anything else just enjoyed the rush of being in the middle of all the excitement and hanging out together. Our Kohls first plan, didn't work out well. They were not prepared for the quantity of people opening an hour earlier would bring and we ended up leaving and coming back later. Macy's surprisingly brought the best deals with jackets the kids need for winter. I got London Fog jackets for Faith and Seth for 11.50 each!! Of coarse Faith's will probably have to go back because it was a little snug.

After seven hours of non stop shopping we wrapped it up and came home. Man I am so tired!! I crashed on the couch for a while but it will definitely be early to bed for me tonight!!

Kristen

No comments: