Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pharaoh Update

Well, we left Pharaoh alone for a couple of weeks thinking he was not loosing as much fluid and hoping that just staying in the salt would help him. I don't know if it was a good choice.

He definitely has parts that are very very very dry. Feels like plastic. But then there are a few areas that are still really pliable. So I don't think he is done. We cleaned him off and weighed him.

3 lbs. 2 oz.

We re-salted him and I put him back in his box. But it is so cold now I have moved him inside. I put him on the dryer in the laundry room. That is a pretty dry place. Maybe that will help speed him along.

He really should be done now but I think the combination of my neglect in changing his salt, our not so humid climate, and the colder temperatures have slowed his progress. To be honest I am not sure if he will ever truly dry out in this climate. And what happens when he is done? Will he moisten back up in our humid conditions?

Don't know but it has been fun trying.

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still amazed at your handling of poultry. Good job.

Anonymous said...

How interesting! Could post a picure the next time you take him out?

Anonymous said...

So, he should be kind of like jerky now, right? I tell you what, leave him in the salt until the next time you guys go to KY, then take him with you and have Charlie try and put what's left of him in the smoker?

Sounds good, huh.

Kathryn Egly said...

Your kids are learning and so am I! I'm glad you did this experiment!