Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sick House

Life has been crazy the last couple of weeks. Faith got this weird virus going around which in turn I caught and have been trying to get rid of for two weeks. Kylee got it which was weird because she just doesn't get sick often.

She got it and started running 104 fevers that I couldn't bring down. That was a high fever for any nine year old, let alone a one who doesn't get sick often. So after two days of battling the fever I took her to the doctor. She told me her throat didn't hurt that bad. But I was worried about UTI. She has had a history of them since she was three, but hasn't had one in a year.

When the doctor asked her all the questions she just kept saying she didn't feel bad, her throat hurt a little. So when the doctor looked in her throat and about fainted from the horribleness ( is that a word?) of it she did a strep test, and a urine culture to satisfy me. She came back with the good news that she didn't have strep, but bad news that she did have a horrible UTI. She just could not fathom that she wasn't complaining. I tried to explain to her that she never complains that is why these infections have been so tricky. She says it doesn't hurt. But she also said her throat didn't hurt. Go figure she has a high pain tolerance, she must get that from Mike.

Anyways, we had dentist appt. for the kids I couldn't cancel so I went straight there right after the doctor. Always fun!

Everyone is feeling a ton better. Kylee is back on the cranberry pills which I had taken her off of (oops!!), my cold is starting to wrap itself up after two long weeks, the boys and Mike some how managed not to acquire it, and I am ready for a week off of school!

Kristen

No comments: