Monday, November 19, 2007

Directionally Challenged

This weekend was the start of the basketball season in our house. It started a little traumatic but only because I am so directionally challenged.

Mike had Fuel so it was up to me to get the boys to their games on my own. Wow that sounds pretty lame of me. I just have such a hard time getting to new places. I can't explain it. It doesn't matter how organized I am it just seems that the first time I have to be some place new I get lost.

So I got the directions for both of the schools and felt pretty prepared. Made it to Joshi's game at 8:30 with no problem.

Maybe I got over confident.

Decided to do some shopping in between games, see if I could get a great deal on a winter jacket for Faith. I didn't. Left Kohls with an hour before the game. Followed the directions and ended up miserably lost. I called Mike but he didn't answer his phone. Tried Paula, she didn't answer her phone. Called Jen, she answered!!! She got me turned around and I was in the right neighborhood. Didn't realize there were two streets with the same name and I took the wrong one. Ended up lost again. Called Jen, she didn't pick up. Paula, still no use, Mike nope. Then I thought, "Hey! What if there are two streets with the same name?"

Drove down the road and sure enough there it was.

We got there right as the game was starting.

I decided to take the directions I had backwards home to see where I messed up. Okay, here it is. The directions said to turn on Frontage Road. Which I did. It neglected to mention that there were two "Frontage Roads" on this same road and I turned on the first. The one I was supposed to turn on was the second one.

So I don't feel totally responsible for this mistake. Google maps needs to take some responsibility here.

Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've learned that Google has to be test driven the day before to make sure its right. What a nightmare. I would have just gone home and cried.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry from another directionally challenged person!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man... I feel the desire, the need, the obligation to make a joke about women drivers... must resist...