Thursday, April 10, 2008

Accompanied Minors

For the last couple of summers the girls have gone to visit my mom and dad and their aunt and uncle in AZ. They get to see their cousins, and play with friends that they used to know when they were little, and get spoiled by Nana and papa.

And this year, Papa has already got the tickets but with one change. The boys are going also!!

All four kids are going to AZ for two weeks.

The kids keep asking me what I am going to do for two weeks without them.

I told them I was probably going to have a great time for the first....three hours....then I was going to miss them terribly and wish they were home!

Seriously, I am going to read a ton of books and lay by the pool. It better be warm!

Maybe I will go to work with Mike and be his personal assistant. I am sure he would love that!

Another weird change is that Faith will be 12 this year so she is no longer an unaccompanied minor. Therefor none of our kids will be unaccompanied because Faith will be with them. I really wonder though, who decided that a 12 year old is old enough to be on their own to fly across the country. Seems like an odd age to pick.

In reality nothing really changes. We still get to walk them to the gate, but Faith is responsible for them on the plane and for getting them off the plane. She will do fine.

Kristen

1 comment:

Kathryn Egly said...

How nice!!!

I'd love to have you at "the office" this summer!