Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guindiana Jones

Wow did we ever just have a scare!

You know, I have to admit that when Seth wanted to purchase a guinea pig for his birthday I really thought that the joy of pet ownership wouldn't last much past a couple of weeks.

But surprisingly enough, I was wrong.

Seth really, really loves this little guy and he has turned out to be a pretty cool little pet. I don't know if I would feel the same way about him if he was stationed anywhere other than the basement, but with his "house" down there I like him.

I know this is probably just my imagination but he even seems to be trained a bit, and loves Seth back as much as Seth loves him. He comes to him when he calls and would much rather sit on his lap than run around. Kind a weird.

Well, since it has been nice the kids have been taking Harley outside for play time. He doesn't seem interested in running around, just chewing grass. Up until today.

The kids were outside working on school work at the table, on the ground, in the grass, and let Harley out to get some fresh air. I called them in to finish their maps of Alexander the Great's conquests and I heard Seth ask Josh to keep an eye on Harley. I wasn't sure this was a great idea, but like I said Harley hasn't shown a huge desire to run away so I thought he would be fine.

We were working on our maps when I heard the screen door open and Jasmine run out. I jumped up and called Jasmine back inside and the next thing I hear is, "Where's Harley?"

Oh no.

I ran outside and Harley is no where to be found. Seth is crying and accusing Josh. Josh is...upset.

I looked around, then went and looked over the fence and there was Harley looking up at me.

Seth ran out the gate and Harley jumped into his arms. Seth immediately informed Josh that he was not to be trusted to watch his cherished pig. Josh was okay with that.

Crisis averted.

Kristen

2 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

Wow, you need to put warning messages at the beginning of these posts!

You scared me for a minute.

Glad to hear that the pig lived.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a boy and his pig! So glad a tragedy was averted and Harley is safe back at home. Poor Josh, life just gets too exciting some times. :) AAhhh, the joys of motherhood!