Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pictures from Springfield

We have been trying to visit the state capitol for months but couldn't make it happen. We saw an opportunity for it this week and took it! We got up early and arrived in Springfield by 9:30 Friday morning. We hit Lincoln's house first. Fascinating!





Then we walked down to the old state capitol and met the Lincoln's along the way.











I found out that I am allergic to the old state capitol. Before Mike took this picture I had sneezed close to a billion times.






We went to Sonic for lunch which was a point of contention for poor Kylee. Since she was the one who did the Springfield research she really wanted to have a famous Horse shoe sandwich. Apparently you can only get them in Springfield, Il. But come on we haven't had Sonic in over a year!!!!

Then after lunch we headed to Oak Ridge Cemetery and saw the tomb of Lincoln. I have to say it was pretty awesome.





Here are the kids standing on the stairs to the tomb.








And finally we went to the Lincoln Museum. I have to say of all the museums we have been to this was the best! This picture was taken right after the kids were yelled at for touching the figures!

OOPS!!

They really should have a sign.

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Touching the figures? Are you kidding? My kids would have tackled them and cost me a fortune! What a cool trip. I still want to go to your school.

Kathryn Egly said...

Cool pictures. I want to go to your school, too! I've been wanting to tour springfield since I moved here...over 5 years ago!

Anonymous said...

I really want to go to your school to. You guys study interesting things! BTW, how tall is Faith? She looks so grown up. I can't wait to see you all!!

JonesGardenBlog said...

Wow, I am really jealous, I would LOVE to go see that stuff.

Definitely a future fieldtrip for the AZ Jones Family.