Thursday, May 15, 2008

36!!!!

Mike is 36 today!!!! The kids and I have a special evening planned for him.

When I asked him what kind of cake, or pudding (I have been known to make him his own bowl of home made chocolate pudding), he wanted he said he wanted a chocolate meringue pie.

Okay.

I have never made a chocolate meringue pie but found a recipe that looks yummy so I am going to try it. I will post the recipe if it is worth it.

I have been marinating beef for fajitas since yesterday and preparation for the big night is in full swing.

I can't say what his big surprise is tonight but it is going to be HUGE!!!

I can't wait!

Kristen

4 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

MAN that guy is getting OLD!!!

I already talked to him on the phone this morning. I had to wait while he turned up his hearing aid. Poor guy.

Leeanne said...

My boss, Patrick, is turning 36 today too - we've teased him about some of his "old man" clothes, and we told him today that he's finally allowed to wear them and we can't say a thing about it. :) I hope the day is wonderful for you all!

Anonymous said...

I wanna know what the big surprise was. You can't make statements like that and not follow up.

kristen said...

Sorry about that! I couldn't tell his big surprise because I didn't want him to know what it was!!

We had all his stuff wrapped up and on the table for him. Well almost all his stuff. We got him the Indiana Jones trilogy, new swim trunks, a t-shirt, some socks (of course!), and my dad and mom got him a new pedal for his guitar and a book. After he opened it all up I said wait a second we forgot something and the kids ran upstairs and got his GUITAR HERO III!!!! Maybe this isn't huge for some of you but it was for him. He was very excited and surprised! Seth and him have been loving it!