Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No Travel Yet

So we are still here.

Mike's mom had surgery on Friday. It was supposed to be less eventful than what it was. When they got in there they realized that there was more damage caused by the plastic piece rubbing on her brain, then they had originally thought. So the 2-3 day hospital stay has extended. She was still in ICU as of yesterday afternoon.

Mike's dad, understandably, is staying until she gets home, which is undecided, so the girls and I are on call.

The van is packed, the house is clean, the laundry is done, can it stay that way while we wait?

Praying for Mom Jones to start feeling considerably better and praying now, that the holiday weekend is over, maybe the doctor will be a little more attentive.

And because this is my blog I would like to say that, I maybe, a hospital snob, but I can't help to feel that she had a much better recovery process in AZ at the Mayo clinic than she has at the hospital in Bowling Green. I will refrain here from making any slanderous southern state remarks. Although I did live in the south for three years and the speed of things there nearly killed me. You can only go so slow before you just stop moving!!!!

I hate to bring this all back to me, but I am realizing through this that I am really not a very patient person. I don't like surprises and I like things to be planned out. I really like to know what is going to happen next. So maybe there is a lesson here for me.

Kristen

3 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

Appreciate the prayers for mom. Hopefully she will get out of the hospital soon and you and the girls can go play nurse.

I'm sure seeing some of her girls will help speed her recovery.

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for Ma Jones too. She is such an amazing person and truly walks the walk and talks the talk.
-Alicia :0)

Anonymous said...

In God's timing, sweet girl!! Thanks for being here-it was great