Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hair Dresser

I have the coolest hair dresser! She totally rocks. Not only is she completely and totally talented but she is a blast to be around.

I went yesterday to get my hair cut. She actually works in a nice salon, but does my hair out of her home on her days she is not at the salon. Paula has been having her do her hair for years and is the one who set us up.

Anyways, yesterday while she was doing my hair we were having fun and I realized that Paula and her and I need to go out and have a night out together. So I asked her to join us for some girl time and she said she would love it.

All was going fine until I was driving home and realized the implications of this.

Now follow me here. I started to think about going out and then realized that I would have to make my hair look like it does when she does it. What if I can't make it look the way she does, or I am having a bad hair day? Would she be disappointed in me if it didn't look as good as when she does it?

I mean, really, when do you ever see your hair dresser out in public? When I go see her it is usually way over do and it is up in a pony tail.

Yes, this is the kind of thing I think about.

When I tried to explain it to Mike he just looked at me with a blank expression. What does he know though, he's bald and I am his hairdresser!!

So the question is.... am I the only one who thinks this way?

Kristen

3 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

Yes. You are the only person that thinks like this.

You've got problems.

I agree with Mike... which is probably why I have his same haircut.

I shave my own though.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it, Honey-even hairdressers have bad hair days. Haven't you ever been to one and you are looking at her hair thinking "why am I here?"

Anonymous said...

I think they know that we are pitiful compared to them. That is why we are willing to pay them so much money to do our hair for us! :0)