Monday, May 19, 2008

PUKE

Do you remember the first time you threw up in public?

I do.

Yesterday brought it all back. Poor Luke.

We went to lunch with the Mitchell family after church and Luke was looking a little weak.

He complained of his stomach and like good adults we told him to suck it up and he would be fine.

He wasn't.

Poor Luke.

I won't go into the details but we ended lunch early and went home.

Then I remembered. Second grade. I told the teacher I didn't feel good. She told me I was fine. I sat down at my desk to do my health worksheet on FOOD.

Oh yeah, I looked at about two pictures of food items and lost it. I ran but by that time it was too late. All over everything.

It is one of those things you never forget. So glad we were part of Lukey's.

Kristen

5 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

Fourth grade. Orange-pineapple juice. We were in a portable classroom (read double wide trailer). I had already gone to the nurse twice and been sent back to class. I just had to make it 20 more minutes until school was over. I didn't. I tried capping the stream with my hand... I just had to make it out the classroom door... I failed.

No bueno.

As a waiter I saw this scene repeated over and over again. The good parent sees the look on the kid's face and cups their hand over the orrifice to try and stem the tide while they run with the kid to the bathroom. But, sometimes you just don't make it...

Anonymous said...

K-

Thanks for NOT including a photo with this post, and thanks for having a sense of humor about our poor little Luke's "upset stomach"!

Todd

Anonymous said...

My first? I think I wasn't yet 10. Chugged an entire can of grape soda in hot weather. Blew it all over our driveway. Got in trouble for making a mess.

Anonymous said...

Annaliese still announces to the Bennigan's patrons "that's the booth I threw up in!" every time we pass by the booth she did indeed, throw up in.

Anonymous said...

Luke, luke, luke, luke, get that ball away and puke!

I think I'm going to puke!

Blaaaahhh!