Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fixed Hour of Prayer

So if you go to the Orchard you know what I am talking about.

But if not, here is the deal. All of us at the Orchard are participating in a week of fixed hour of prayer. Three times a day we are getting twitter updates to remind us to pray. Then you can go to the Orchard blog and read the prayer for that particular time. This is just a powerful tool. Not something you have to do, but something you can choose to do to bring you closer to the One who made you.

With all that has been going on around here, I didn't' realize how much I needed this. These last weeks have brought lots to talking with God. I talk to God all day. Sometimes I think he may get tired of my voice. But I admit that praying scripture isn't something that I do often. I have always worried that for me that would be unauthentic.

Let me tell you, it is rocking my world! I am sure there are lots of ways to look at these scriptures and the prayers that are so beautifully written around them, but they seem to be just what I need this week. Somehow they are saying exactly what my heart feels.

Here is the afternoon prayer, that I read about three times out loud, because it so clearly defined what I am feeling right now. But if you want to participate, sign up with Twitter, or just check out the prayers here morning, noon and night. You won't be sorry you did.

I am grateful. I am peaceful in the midst of turmoil. Praise God.

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's incredible-thanks for sharing it!