Monday, September 15, 2008

Floods

Wow, so the kids down the street called this morning because they wanted to play.

Their school was canceled because of flooding.

I don't know where the flooding occurred that canceled their school. The school is just down the street from my house and nothing in my area looks flooded.

My kid's school was definitely not canceled because of flooding.

I think they were a little sad about that.

Now, yesterday, the second service at the Orchard was canceled because the streets all around it were being closed because of flooding. It is right next to the Fox River, so that I understand.

Fortunately, I got to spend the day with Paula and the boys on Saturday and we all went to church together Saturday night so we didn't miss out!! It was a great service!

Kristen

1 comment:

Renee said...

My Kidos are the same way when it comes to snow days. However we have been known to play first while the snow is fresh and school later with Hot Chocolate! Snow now that is excitement for us...common place for you guys

Hope the church has no flood damage. Glad you got to catch the service on saturday!