Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Another Weekend Update

Our busy weekend has come to an end. We had lots of fun though!!

The birthday party was a success. I wanted the girls to have a good time and who really wants to sleep at a slumber party? But, I did tell them they weren't allowed to wake me up with their talking.... I am a pretty hard sleeper and they were in the basement and we were upstairs so I thought that was pretty reasonable.

They woke me up.

It was 2 o'clock and when I went down and their party was in full swing. I told them since they woke me up they had to turn the lights out and settle down.

And again at 3.

And almost at 4.

Then they slept. They got up early had breakfast and were off playing again. I remember the days. Great to have that kind of energy.

Then we sent everyone home and took Kylee to her softball game. No good pictures of her playing yet. We have been at a field that it is hard to get a good picture but I think this week I can get one or two. She was really tired during her game. And it was hot!! Like upper nineties!! (You do not hear me complaining here I am just making a statement).

We had a great father's day. Went to lunch with friends after church, had some ice cream and then Mike and the kids and I went swimming. The pool was perfect and after about 30 minutes of being there everyone went home!! We had the pool pretty much to ourselves.

Yesterday, at 7:30 I had my dentist appt. The bad news is that he had to do the root canal on that tooth we were hoping it was just a refill.

More bad news, it used up our travel to AZ money.

The good news, The root canal did not hurt one bit while he was doing it and Dad and I are going to work something out to at least send the girls to AZ this summer. We will miss being there but not much we can do about it.

So that is the weekend in review. Hope you had a great weekend!

Kristen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwweee-really crummy trade! I know that your folks will be disappointed, but if the girls at least get to go, they will be happy. Maybe one of these summers we can do that-have the girls come. And then maybe the boys. this year we have to go to AZ to see a new grandbaby-it's a dirty job but someone has to do it!!

Anonymous said...

Bummer. We were hoping to see you guys!
-A.J. :0)

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!! NO BUENO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that last anonymous was Uncle Keith.