Sunday, June 3, 2007

Wild Weekend

Crazy busy weekend.

Friday was our first official day off of school and we spent the morning at Paula's decorating cakes for her mom's birthday party. We then went right to music and then home to spend a couple of hours at the pool. (yes, I know I have a problem).

Since the kids memorized their last five memory verses perfect we planned a special treat for them. Usually it is Dairy Queen dilly bars but I thought since it was the end of the year something a little more special was in order.

Mike had some stuff to finish up for Sunday though, so we had a little change a plans. He came home ate quickly and we all headed out to IKEA. Now I had never been there before, and I am sure if you just want to waste a couple of hours it is a great place to go but we had specific things we needed to find, and it was late. It really wasn't as much fun as you would think. Really. We were done by 9 (closing time) and after loading everything up Mike and I looked at each other and realized their special treat was going to have to be someplace open late.

Did you know Steak and Shake is open 24 hours???!!! So at almost 10 at night I was feeding my children milkshakes....And taking after their Daddy, Granny and Papa three of the four chose Mocha milkshakes.....Unbelievably, they drank half on the way home, came home put them in the freezer and went to bed.

Saturday was early morning Fuel meeting for Mike in the morning and Baseball practice for me. As soon as Mike got home it was the graduation party, he was part of the band, for Terry's daughter until about 8 that night.

Sunday church, quick lunch at McDonald's, and Mike had 101 at church. I came home and cleaned the house until Mike came home at 6ish.

Busy weekend and now I feel like I need a rest from my weekend!!

Krsiten

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing your family outing stories. I know it was horrendously hectic but how cool was it to have milkshakes at 10pm? Will you adopt me?

Anonymous said...

these kids know what's good! It's great that they memorize so much Bible-it will come in handy for them someday. Good job, kiddos and good job, mommy!