Friday, July 13, 2007

Group Gifts

Okay I have really been struggling with something for the last couple of days. Here it goes.

Seth and Kylee are about done with their baseball/softball for the year.

And they have had a really great time.

And both of them have had really great coaches.

Okay.

Well a mom from Kylee's team came up to us a week or so ago and said she was collecting money for a group gift for the coach.

Okay, I am still good to this point.

Then she said she was thinking 20 dollars per parent would be good!

This is where she lost me. I was kind of in shock. Now maybe I am behind the times but 20 dollars per kid and their are 14 kids on the team. That just seems excessive. Am I wrong here? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the coaches and think they did a great job. Seth's team is also collecting. But they are asking for 3-5 dollars per parent. That is totally reasonable.

Am I wrong here?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been through this a lot!:) $20 for 1 coach is a lot, maybe she is getting something for assistant coaches also, or maybe she is including a trophy for each kid. I would ask exactly what the $20 per kid is for.

Bill Curley said...

Offer what you think is best. ? $5 would be reasonable!!

Anonymous said...

$20 is a lot per kid. I usually say what I am able to give. And I would be curious about what she's buying. Like a really nice watch or what?

Anonymous said...

I would ask her what exactly she is planning on, because $5 a kid is plenty!! I would be very curious to know what the other parents on the team think.

Anonymous said...

Geesh, I think I need to start being a coach.