Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy Birthday K-Hope

Today Kylee is nine! This picture is her when she was three. I picked it because I think it shows her personality so clearly.

Kylee has a very unique personality. I don't know if she has ever met anyone who she didn't call friend. She is really easy going and kind, and super funny. She loves to run and play and do sports. She loves monkeys and animals. Her smile lights up the room and her laugh is absolutely contagious. She is also one of the most sensitive kids I have ever met. She can cry at the drop of a hat. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had put her in school. I don't think that the teachers would have been able to deal with her emotions. It is not unusual for her to cry for no reason at least once a day. She is very huggy and loves to be held and cuddled. She would literally sit on your lap all day if you would let her.

But it wasn't always like that. Kylee and I had a rough start. Our pregnancy went great. The delivery a dream! Really. Hers was so easy. And she was a gorgeous 7 pound baby. She was round and cuddly and so cute. And she loved to sleep!!! I mean really loved to sleep. We brought this sweet baby home and she just slept and slept and slept. So much that she wasn't gaining weight fast enough. Man, did those doctors have me worried. I was stripping her down tickling her feet doing whatever I could to get her to wake up and eat. But as soon as she would begin to eat she would sleep again. So the first few months were a blur of trying to keep Kylee awake. Imagine trying to keep a baby awake.

Then she woke up. And boy did she wake up! As soon as she became mobile there was no stopping her. This is about the time we discovered what Kylee meant in Aborigine. Boomerang. And that really did describe year 1 and 2. She was all over the place. I couldn't imagine how I was going to manage this child. She was always happy but very, very, very, determined. With Faith if she had tried to get into, lets say the toilet, we disciplined her and she never touched it again. Kylee would just look up at us with those gorgeous blue eyes, laugh, and turn around and dump the cup of toilet water that she was holding in her hand, all over the floor.

But she grew out of that. She grew into the sweet kid that she is today. I praise God for her loving spirit and kindness towards others. As a matter of fact today Kylee spent some of her 9th birthday cutting her long, long hair and sending it into Locks of Love. She was very excited. Here is a picture of her after getting her hair cut.





Happy Birthday Kylee!!



Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, precious starred eyed little one. You really light up everyone's life that you come in contact with!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Some good kids you got there sister.

Happy birthday, Kylee Hope-ful.

Anonymous said...

Boomerang. That cracked me up! Perhaps all that sleep was the wind up before the toss. :)

Do you combine birthday celebrations-cake, get togethers-or do they each have their own day?