Thursday, July 19, 2007

Por Favor!

I received an email the other day from this home school group that we have been involved with. Included on the email was a notice that there will be Spanish classes offered for the fall. I thought the prices were reasonable and figured it might be a good idea to start Faith taking Spanish. But I just didn't think we could afford lessons for all of them. So I talked to Mike and he agreed that it would be a good idea for Faith to start them.

So before I signed her up I called her into talk to me.

I said, "I would like to sign you up for Spanish classes, is that something you would be interested in?"

She said, "No."

Okay. Now, she had some lessons when she was littler and I don't think she enjoyed going to them so much. But I assured her that this would be different.

"Are you sure you wouldn't be interested?"

She said, "No."

Okay. So I explained to her that she will have to have some language classes before college and I really think it would be a good idea if she started now.

She said,"No."

Okay. Well I certainly don't want to throw money away so I thanked her for her time and sent her back to her school work.

I then called in Kylee. I told Kylee that she had the opportunity to take Spanish lessons if she would like.

She said, "Yes."

"Okay. Great I will sign you up."

She ran in the next room to tell her sister and brothers.

Then came running back in and said, "Faith wants to take Spanish lessons also."

Seriously? That's too bad!!

Oh, did I also mention that Seth is now crying in the next room because he desperately wants to learn Spanish?

Just a day in the life of Me.

Kristen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lo siento mucho. Asi es la vida de la madre.

Anonymous said...

Si, si.

There's always Dora, Diego or Handy Manny. ;)

Bill Curley said...

Spanish is probably OK but other options may be advisable depending upon your intent. Other languages might be a better choice. Also, be careful about which dialect to teach. For heavens sake reject Spanglish & choose a more classical version.

Kathryn Egly said...

LOL!

Maybe you could check out some spanish tapes from the Library for the rest of the gang??

Oh...and don't forget to return them to the library!!

Anonymous said...

Que pasa, Mamasita? I especially liked the part where you thanked Faith for her time and sent her back to work-priceless!! You could always get some of those tapes that you play while you sleep and the whole family could learn to speak espanol.

Anonymous said...

Doug and I decided the best way to help your non-lesson takers is to show the Spanish sub-titles on all the movies your kids watch.