Friday, March 7, 2008

Artichoke and a Contest Winner

Today was a nice breath after our long week. Lots of stuff going on everywhere it seems. Mike had first wed. and practice this week which took him out two nights this week.

I decided to plan a meal that Mike would hate while he was gone. The kids and I got three big artichokes from the store and cooked them up last night. YUM!!! I made home made pizza (no mike doesn't hate home made pizza but I knew there would be some left for him after work) and we chowed. The kids all loved the artichokes and fought over the hearts. We also found out that artichoke season starts now so we will be enjoying them over the next few months.

Mike and I got up and completed our second week at the gym!!! We are doing so great! Mike let me use his iPod at the gym and he used his phone. But when I got home I got a call from my awesome dad and found out that I had won an iPod shuffle!!!! Can you believe it? What kind of luck is that? Thanks Dad!!!

And finally, the quote of the week comes from Joshi.

As he bites into a chocolate covered marshmallow egg he exclaimed,"Hey, there's peep inside!!!"

Kristen

1 comment:

Kathryn Egly said...

How cool that you won a shuffle! now you've got to download some of my favorite podcasts: dave ramsey --he really inspires me to SAVE MONEY and Focus on the Family.