Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ouch! But I did it!

This machine kicked my rear today. Mike and I got to the gym and there was only one treadmill. I had really wanted to try this machine and thought this was a great opportunity.


The first two minutes no problem.


After five my legs were on fire.


I pushed through it and made it for about 43 minutes, Yes, I gave up at the end. But, I think I really like this better than the treadmill. It definitely made me work harder.


And I need to give myself a little pat on the back because I have continued my work out even through the horrendous time change. I do not adjust well to time change. Maybe it's because I spent the first 20+ years of my life never falling back or springing forward. Maybe it's because it is stupid, unnatural and completely unreasonable to all of a sudden, out of the blue decide to CHANGE time.


Who do we think we are super man?

Kristen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good points.

#1 I agree the eliptical things are WAY harder than the treadmill. Good job on the 43 minutes, I can go about 50 (seconds).

#2 Day light savings time is stupid. That's why I don't do it... well that and you know, obviously AZ doesn't :)

Anonymous said...

I love the elliptical lots better than the treadmill. At least I feel like I'm running which I could NEVER do on the treadmill. 43 minutes! You so rock!!!

Mike Jones said...

I am very proud of you sweetheart! You have not missed a day in the routine of workout now for three weeks! What's been great is you have not nagged me about going or forced me to get my rear out of bed and yet I am inspired by you to go.

Thank you, beautiful girl!