Monday, March 3, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

My good friend, Paula, and I went out last night for a night of fun. We had a fabulous dinner at an Italian restaurant and then went to see the movie that we have been waiting for, for half of a year!!

We read The Other Boleyn Girl last year and shortly after finishing it found out that it was being made into a movie. We knew that it couldn't possibly be as good as Phillipa's book but were hoping for SOME similarities.

Look, I can understand that you can't fit in every detail from a book of that magnitude but at least keep the characters consistent with they way they were written.

But we still enjoyed it. It was just great being out on the town for the night.

So, I don't know about whether I would recommend it or not. The acting was good. And maybe if you hadn't read the book you would enjoy it. But I suggest reading the book and forget about the movie.

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on, girlie! I had so much fun last night just being out!! Biaggi's was delicious! I would have enjoyed just the bread and appetizers. Half-way through the movie I was regretting those 4 glasses of ice water (Haha!) Regarding the movie, you know that you're not fully enjoying the fine cinematography when you find your self continually leaning over to each other saying, "Ok, THAT wasn't in the book." I will say that it is a fascinating story no matter which way you look at it. And you have to keep in mind that it is historical FICTION--so there is a lot of lee-way in how to tell it. As we agreed last night, perhaps a different name for the movie would be better, since it really didn't do the book justice. No matter, enjoyable evening anyway. Thanks, friend!!!

Kathryn Egly said...

Biaggi's...i think that's in Indiana too. Where is it around here?

I don't want to see the movie. It looks TOO sad.