Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dissection Tuesday


We had a great opportunity yesterday! A friend from church who is also a teacher at a christian school here had some left over specimens that she was going to have to throw away and she offered them to me.
Not only did she offer me the stuff, but she offered herself!! She gave up her time off to come over and dissect a worm, perch, crayfish and frog with my kids!!!
It was such a great day!! I was really, really proud of all the kids. Another home school mom came over with her kiddos and did it with us and they all did great.
The best part was when Mike got home yesterday evening they all attacked him at the door and the first thing that came out of their mouths was that they didn't even have to do school work today because Ms. Jen came over to dissect stuff with them!!!! That is a credit to a great teacher! They didn't even know they were learning!
And how much did I love reliving it all while we ate dinner?
Kristen


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a good day!!

Anonymous said...

I guess your kids take after you in the dissection business. You loved that stuff in high school. ICK!!!
A.J. :0)