Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!

What a super fantastic weekend!!



I have to say I am in awe of Mike, Scott Hodge, the ENTIRE children's ministry, and every staff member and volunteer that participated in this weekend's services.



One of the cool things that I hear over and over again from people, about the Orchard, is how there is never any fear in inviting friends to an event at the Orchard. You don't have to worry that they will be offended, feel unloved, or that they will be pointed out and embarrassed. You also know that when you come to an event that it will be done really well.



Mike and his awesome team ROCKED the house with some great praise and worship, fabulous lights, smoke, and even some live rain. Yes, they made it rain in the building. Excellent. And who knew Mike could rap? Along with some great worship tunes the team also did Linkin Park's Easier to Run and Natasha Bedingfield's Unwritten. Hence the rain.



Scott's message on pain, like always, was relevant, biblical, and applicable to everyone. I love it that you can walk out of a message and apply it directly to your life. It is awesome to hear what God has to say about things that everyone struggles with. You can listen to it on-line here.

And the 20,000 egg, egg drop was huge! The kids were all so excited. I have to say though that I think it has changed Easter for my kids forever. Last week when Josh was drawing an Easter picture it was of a huge helicopter dropping eggs. Too funny. I wonder if he thinks that is just how you have an Easter egg hunt!!!

Well it was all awesome and I am grateful to be part of such an awesome community.

Kristen

2 comments:

Kathryn Egly said...

It was an incredible weekend! Thanks for being a part of the Orchard Kid's team!!

Anonymous said...

I knew Mike could rap! He is after all The Mike Jones. The Team was awesome the energy was fantastic. Everywhere people loved the whole scene.
Dave