Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Gift of Laughter

I think God knew I needed a great laugh yesterday.

Before I begin with this story I need you to understand this is a true story.

Yesterday, when walking into the church building, for Saturday service, Seth found a cricket. He, of course, picked it up and put it in his shirt pocket. He was very excited about having a cricket in his pocket and was telling, and showing, everyone walking down the hall.

I dropped him off at class with his cricket.

After the service is when I heard the rest of the story.

Well, you see in Wahabu when they collect the offering from the kids they have a boy and a girl bucket. So as the offering bucket came around(you all ready know where this is going don't you?) Seth put in his money, and his cricket. He told me he thought the cricket was worth at least another 2 dollars.

The teacher started counting the money, the cricket jumped and scared her, at which point the offering went flying.

And although Seth and all the boys thought the cricket was worth an extra two dollars for the boys collection, unfortunately, sweet Ms. Kathrine, told them that actually it was minus 5. Too bad for the boys.

When Seth told me this story after church I laughed and laughed then asked him "Really?"

I verified the story with Ms. Kathrine and found it to be accurate.

Thanks, I needed that.

Kristen

4 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

I'm with Seth, + $2. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

A true Little boy story ~~ been there.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.

Kathryn Egly said...

It really was hilarious!!!

That was no small cricket...he must have been feasting on CORN!

I see why Seth thought it should add $2...but for the sake of the lady who almost lost her lunch...it's a negative $5 :)