Saturday, August 30, 2008

Park Day Saturday

Went to the library today and got the first set of books that I had put on hold.

Then decided to head to Phillips park to let the kids run around a bit. Phillips park is a great park with a free zoo area and a huge tree covered play ground.

Beautiful day!

Convinced Paula and the boys to come and play with us for a bit. Unfortunately, Paula and I decided to walk over to the zoo portion to late and they were closing so we missed out on the alligators :( Who knew they closed at 4:30 on weekends!

To make it up to the kids we decided to take the kids to the brand spankin' new Sonic. Got there and found out there was an hour, yes you read that right, and hour wait to eat there. There were actually people lined up on the sidewalk waiting to sit at the outdoor part.

Unbelievable.

We went to A&W.

Fed the kids a ton of junk food and 99 cent big honkin' root beer floats.

The kids were all wired. I wonder why?

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day. I love Phillips Park.

Mandy Corley said...

My goodness!! Just reading your posts on getting ready for the school year makes me tired! I really admire home-school mothers! It takes so much planning and patience, but I know it is well worth it for your entire family!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! These bugs that are going around are no fun. I've been suffering with one myself..

PS: Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!:)