Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Old Schoolhouse Digital Magazine

The second product I was given the opportunity to review was this, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine digital subscription.

When I first thought of an e-magazine I have to be honest I wasn't too sure. What if I found an article I wanted someone else to read? Or I wanted to just flip through quickly to find a specific thing? This seemed like it would be a problem with this format.

I spent considerable time this last week browsing through this magazine, on-line. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my concerns were unfounded. While reading through this magazine on-line if you want to share something with a friend you can just email it to them! Also if you want to find a specific topic like "unit studies" you can search the word and up comes all the articles in the magazine that talk about unit studies.

I also have to praise the fact that the digital copy also saves paper and clutter. If you know me you know that I can't stand clutter. And having a bunch of magazines and papers laying around piling up just about drives me crazy! So what usually happens to magazines that I am finished with, is they get thrown out and then months later I go looking for a particular article that I read and I don't have it because I threw away the magazine! But with this digital copy you don't have the clutter, but you do have access to all the issues you purchased in the archive.

Finally, if you want to take it with you to read you do have the option of printing out just the articles that you want to read while you are away.

Very easy to use, clutter free, and environment friendly what more can you ask from a magazine?

Kristen

1 comment:

Renee said...

I'll have to check it out!! Sounds very helpfull!