Friday, August 22, 2008

Thoughts For the Day

So many thoughts in my head today.

The first is that this is going to be a hard day. Today is the visitation. I am going to be there with my Paula, I wouldn't have it any other way. I know she will be surrounded by family but I will be there for her for whatever she needs. I also have never been to anything like this. So, I really have no idea what I am doing. This is all new to me.

The second is I am thinking of Paula's boys today. I can't imagine how hard it is going to be. But I am in awe of my friend and her mothering. She is doing everything right. I am learning so much from her in this week. I pray that I could mother like her in a situation as difficult as this.

The third is this is a first for my kids today. I gave them the option of coming today, or not and they all said they wanted to come. My good friend Terri and her family are going to bring them. I am praying for them today.

The fourth is that I wish I could eat again. I have this strange stomach and whenever I get upset or stressed it shuts down. I always hear people talk about stress eating and can't imagine! So I am down 5 pounds. Funny that I wasn't trying to necessarily lose weight during these last 8 months of working out, but I thought if i had lost these 5 pounds I would be happy with that. So 8 months nothing, five days of grief and there they go.

Pray for the family today.

Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOney-my prayers are on all of you today, as they have been for several days. Wish my appetite would shut down when I am stressed! I put things in my mouth without even realizing what they are. So-I found your 5 pounds. :) May the good Lord bless and keep you, Mike, Faith, Ky, Sethie and Joshi today. May He also hold Paula and her family in His healing hands.

JonesGardenBlog said...

Definitely not a good weight loss program.

We're praying for you guys