Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sadness

My family is filled with sadness right now.

Weird that every day for the last three days i thought to myself,"this is the worst day ever."

Last night we were with Todd when he breathed his last breath.

Scott has a beautiful post here. I can't say it better.

Today we had to tell our kids.

Pray for Paula, her boys, and Todd's family, first.

Then will you please pray for me, Mike, and our kids, because we are filled with sadness right now.

Thanks.

Kristen

3 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

We are definitely praying for Paula and the boys and also for you guys.

We love you guys. Just wish we could be there with you all.

Renee said...

Praying
Deeply
Crying
hurting
consummed
Rejoicing
Praising

Mike and Kristen,
We are praying for Paula, Boys, Family. Orchard Community.

I am holding you up in prayers as you share in the suffering of your friend.
My soul cries out with yours

Praying for Faith, Kylee, Seth, and Josh as well

While grieving over the tramatic death of my sister, shelly I received a great amount of comfort and answers from a book entitled Heaven by Randy Alcorn. This book brought me joy in the midst of terrible suffering.
Maybe it could be a tool for you as you minister to your friend in the months to come.

Love you all

Mandy Devine said...

My heart aches for you all! We are praying for Paula, the boys, you, Mike, & the kids. I'm so glad Paula has friends like you by her side and a church family that will lift up her arms in the months to come. Todd obviously was an incredible husband, father, and friend. You guys have honored him so well through this time! Again, our prayers are with you.